writing a caption to a jpeg file so that digikam will recognize it

Erick Moreno erickmoreno at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:14:51 GMT 2016

Usually DK uses multiple places to save the same information to improve
compatibility with other softwares (lightroom, acdsee...).

You can do the same, but I think you can start with dc:description.

According to the documentation: http://www.exiv2.org/sample.html  this must
work:

set Xmp.dc.description This is a picture of a person

[]'s

--
*Erick Moreno*
google.com/+ErickMoreno <https://google.com/+ErickMoreno/about>