migrating from 4 to 5 and no database usable

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Dec 22 18:27:53 GMT 2016

Luca Ferrari <fluca1978 at infinito.it> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 5:27 PM, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
> > Well it should be. ... or are you saying that you don't have all the
> > metadata in your images?
>
> No, I don't.
> Personally, even this should be avoided, I believe that having it in a
> database is something useful.

Absolutely, but why can't Dokuwiki keep the data in both places.  Keep
it in the image files for security (and portability), keep it in the
database for fast access and the ability to search/sort in various
ways.

I don't believe this would be a big speed penalty.

It should at least be configurable with the default being 'keep all data
in both places' with options to allow the user to do less than this if
speed or other requirements are more important.

--
Chris Green
ยท