Linux Mint install

Chuck Pergiel c.pergiel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:08:02 GMT 2016

Downloaded the AppImage and tried to run it (double click the file name in
the Downloads folder) and nothing happens.
Open a terminal window and try to run it and I get this:

bogwan at bogwan-Z87N-WIFI ~/Downloads $ ls
digikam-5.3.0-01-x86-64.appimage  eclipse-inst-linux64.tar.gz  Other
stories  pinta-1.6.tar.gz
eclipse-inst-linux32.tar.gz       go1.6.2.linux-amd64.tar.gz   pinta-1.6
bogwan at bogwan-Z87N-WIFI ~/Downloads $ ./digikam-5.3.0-01-x86-64.appimage
bash: ./digikam-5.3.0-01-x86-64.appimage: cannot execute binary file: Exec
format error

Chuck Pergiel
Silicon Forest
www.pergelator.blogspot.com
Sent from my Commodore-64 via a US Robotics 300 Baud Modem

P.S. My Linux box died a month ago and I only just got it running again. I
think it was the power supply. How can that be? Power supplies never fail,
do they?