Freeze related to export to remote storage

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 12:02:12 GMT 2016

It miss in AppImage because it use KIO which use a lots of run time
dependencies not solvable with AppImage. Also, KIO do not work under OSX
and Windows. So, for me there is no future of KIO in digiKam. digiKam will
become more and more a pure Qt application.

Typically, we drop all KIO dependencies in digiKam & co excepted this one.
We don't have planed to port this tool as pure Qt5 implementation.

Do no ask me which run time dependency is missing. KIO is a waste of time
to work properly. I lost more weeks to try to bundle this tool in all
digiKam bundles.