Error starting Digikam 5 on Linux Mint 18

Kim kim.mills at wightman.ca
Wed Dec 7 22:29:40 GMT 2016

Philip,
That was the problem thanks! It showed libexiv2-14 installed version
0.25-trusty~ppa2 and the latest version 0.25-xenial~ppa2. I forced it to
upgrade and then Digikam started right up.

I had already downloaded and installed the app image version though.  Is
there any advantage to running the one version over the other?

Thanks,
Kim