Face recognition in 5.4.0 under Debian 8

Jack Marxer jmarxer at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 20:48:01 GMT 2016

First of all, I think that marking a folder does not cause sub-folders to
be scanned for faces. Is there a switch I don't see somewhere to cause
recursive scanning of sub-folders?

Next, after scanning some folders no thumbnails appear!

Does face scanning work at all in this version? I use the SQLLite database
and there are 3 DBs: digikam4.db, recognition.db and thumbnails-digikam.db

Is there a tutorial anywhere on exactly what steps are necessary to use
face recognition?

Jack Marxer