Printing from digikam V5

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Fri Dec 2 18:04:19 GMT 2016

I am wondering how many people use digikam for printing their photos? My
reason for asking is that until V5 I had always used digikam for
printing photos when needed. However since V5 and the use of QT5 it has
become impossible as the dialog will not allow the correct selection of
paper size or landscape/portrait mode. I have tested this on both
openSUSE Tumbleweed Leap42.2, and on Fedora 25 and all three exhibit the
same issue. I have raised bugs with both distros but they just get left
and nothing is happening. On searching for QT printing issues it does
seem that there are a multitude of issues and in some cases no one seems
to know how to resolve them. The printing issue is not restricted to
digikam as the same issue happens with any application which uses QT5
printing support. QT5 printing is simply not fit for purpose.

Is it possible for digikam to bring back the old printing capability
which worked perfectly in all releases prior to V5.

Stuart

--
Website: http://www.stella-maris.org.uk
or:      http://www.broadstairs.org