why a difference between label created after a face detection and the use of this label on other picture ?

Daniel daniel.dufour.fr at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 17:39:57 BST 2016

Hello,

I'm a new user of Digikam and I think it's very interesting.

I currently test software and specially the section on face detection, but I
don't understand correctly the label functionnality.

When a label is created after a face detection on a first picture, why we
can't use this label on other picture to assign the same person directly to
the second picture ?

In fact why have we got a difference between label created after a face
detection and the use of this label on other picture ?

Because this difference of use forbid the regroupment of persons, if
pictures are not all labelised by face detection...

Great comfort of use if we can affect a person label directly on picture (as
on other software). Thank you.

Kind Regards

Daniel