Installing DK 5.1.0

Richard Müller mueller.eisborn at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:37:13 BST 2016

Hi all,
unfortunately I failed to install the 5.1.0 version of DK on a Linux
(Ubuntu Xenial) 64bit system. This distribution only provides a
version 4 package, therefore I decides on trying installing from a
tarball. I followed the guide of the DK homepage:
Downloadin the tarball, extracting it, moving to the directory, then
installing the dependencies via qpt-get build-dep...

But after running the bootstrap script came:
-------------------------------------
richard at neuer:/documents/temp/digikam/digikam-5.0.0$ bootstrap.linux
bootstrap.linux: Command not found.
richard at neuer:/documents/temp/digikam/digikam-5.0.0$ ./bootstrap.linux

## Please insert the "./" into the guide on the HP!

Qt5     Install Path : /usr
KF5     Install Path : /usr
digiKam Install Path : /usr
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Detecting CXX compile features
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done
-- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- Starting CMake configuration for: digikam-software-collection
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:19 (find_package):
  Could not find a package configuration file provided by "ECM" (requested
  version 1.5.0) with any of the following names:

    ECMConfig.cmake
    ecm-config.cmake

  Add the installation prefix of "ECM" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or set "ECM_DIR"
  to a directory containing one of the above files.  If "ECM" provides a
  separate development package or SDK, be sure it has been installed.

See also "/documents/temp/digikam/digikam-5.0.0/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
I must say, the guide on the homepage is a little confusing:

(From the HP:)
You need to specify an installation prefix. This will be the base path
of the installation. To determine the correct path to your KDE
installation, use `kf5-config --prefix` and provide it as a parameter
for cmake, as shown in the example commands below:

bootstrap.linux
cd build
make
su
make install
But in the "examples below" I don't find cmake and I don't know where
to provide the prefix (The path is by the way /usr).

What did I do wrong?

Thanks, Richard

--
Richard Müller . Am Spring 9 . D-58802 Balve
http://www.oeko-sorpe.de - http://www.phytoplankton.info -