digikam 5.1.0 start-up hanging on OSX

Dirk Großkopf dirkg68 at web.de
Sat Aug 20 20:45:45 BST 2016

I know
I was looking for some log files but didn’t found anythings
well Using the OS/X debugger does not provide any suitable, because the app launcher simply launches another process and exists doesn’t it.

Here’s the console output
mac-mini:~ dirkg$ lldb /opt/digikam/Applications/digiKam/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/applet
(lldb) target create "/opt/digikam/Applications/digiKam/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/applet"
Current executable set to '/opt/digikam/Applications/digiKam/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/applet' (x86_64).
(lldb) run
Process 669 launched: '/opt/digikam/Applications/digiKam/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/applet' (x86_64)
Process 669 exited with status = 0 (0x00000000)

to be more precise:
digiKam scans the defined/configured picture folder on startup and creates the database
Then the boot logo occurs and then stalls at step 3: Reading the database and waits forever

BTW: there is no executable digicam in /opt/digikam/Applications/digiKam/digikam.app/Contents/MacOS/

Regards Dirk