digikam 5.1.0 start-up hanging on OSX

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 18:19:03 BST 2016

typically no. It compiled with backward compatibility set to 10.8.

Here i tested with VM under older OSX version, and it do not crash or
freeze.

Tip : create a new account and init digiKam with a fresh collection to see
if problem is reproducible. Perhaps it's a problem with older 4.x settings
(we have already a report about).