[Digikam-users] Print Assistant

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 10:21:32 BST 2016

> Can anyone here please let me know whether or not they see this issue? I
> am getting nowhere trying to figure out why this does not work for me in V5
> but does in 4.14 on the same openSUSE Tumbleweed system. I'd like to try
> and work out if this is a bug in the Print Assistant or if it is something
> to do with the openSUSE implementation/compilation. I must point out that
> Print Images also fails
>
> No idea about OpenSuse.

If it work with 4.x and not 5.x, i suspect something different with Qt5
about Print interface and the way to handle printer features/configuration.

The tools have been ported as well from Qt4 to Qt5. Nothing have been
removed especially.

> I assume the Print Assistant is part of the Kipi Plugins which are at
> V5.1.0 and digiKam itself is 5.1.0.

yes it is...

Gilles Caulier

> Stuart
>

> On 10/08/16 10:32, Stuart T Rogers wrote:
>
>> I have been doing some more on this. When I start the Print Assistant I
>> see two lines in the top left box, one saying Unsupported Paper Size and
>> a second line saying Custom and that's it, no templates at all.
>>
>> I can see the templates.xml file in
>> /usr/share/kipiplugin_printimages/templates/ and it seems to contain
>> what it should and I've checked the permissions and all files are
>> publicly readable. I do not have my own templates file in my home
>> directory. Surely I should see the templates from this file when I start
>> the Print Assistant. I think I need to fix this before trying to
>> progress further.
>>
>> Also found that I am unable to change orientation between portrait and
>> landscape, it changes on the dialog but when I OK it and go back into
>> the dialog portrait is still selected.
>>
>> Stuart
>>
>> On 06/08/16 06:42, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>
>>> Well the driver for Qt application pass through the Qt5Print interface.
>>> The problem must be located in Qt5...
>>>
>>> Gilles Caulier

>>> <mailto:stuart at stella-maris.org.uk>>:
>>>
>>>     Further testing shows that the printer driver works perfectly with
>>>     darktable and shotwell as well as Gimp. It only fails using digikam,
>>>     showfoto and gwenview.
>>>
>>>     Stuart
>>>

>>>     On 04/08/16 20:07, Stuart T Rogers wrote:
>>>
>>>         Gilles
>>>
>>>         I will check that out but all I can say is the driver works
>>>         perfectly in
>>>         V4.14 of digikam, and in other programs. It shows the papaer
>>>         sizes but
>>>         will not allow me to select them, it still leaves the previous
>>>         setting
>>>         when I click on the photo paper size I want.
>>>
>>>         Stuart
>>>
>>>         On 04/08/16 11:06, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>>>
>>>             In Print assistant, there are few config template files
>>>             which define
>>>             paper layout to use with printers (if i remember)...
>>>
>>>             Look here for details :
>>>

>>> https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=kipi-plugins.git&a=blob&h=9062af
>>> 87c03cd646299aa35c6e644df21ce7024b&hb=9e52b5a0f27360750598be