[Digikam-users] database problem with folders on external disk

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sun Apr 24 08:29:14 BST 2016

Hi,

I have digikam installed on a laptop. The main album is on
/home/daniel/digikam. I use SQlite datebase.

Now I have two external harddisks of each nearly 2TB with copys of my
digikam albums from the main computer. I have those external disks with
me on longer travels because from time to time I need access to some of
those images.

Now I plugged the first one and added it in settings as external album,
but as I see, digikam now adds all this information to the main database
on disk. This, of course, is useless, as those external drives usually
are not connected. When I disconnect, the database will have entries of
non-existing images and get inconsistent, I guess. Even worse, when I
change something on the external disk from another computer...

???

Is there a way to have the database for the local files on the local
disk and the one for external files on the external disks? So that I can
have them in digikam when I need them and not have them when I don't
need them?

Daniel
http://www.daniel-bauer.com
room in Barcelona: https://www.airbnb.es/rooms/2416137