[Digikam-users] Preserve album dates when moving collections to new computer

Hamnes Aaberge hh-aaber at online.no
Thu Apr 7 12:04:14 BST 2016

I am using Digikam 4.14 on KDE 5.
Lots of the albums had wrong album dates, so I have used a lot of time
correcting the album dates to get them in order.
I want to have a copy on my laptop, so I copied all the pictures, the
digikam4.db and thumbnails-digikam.db to a removable hard disk.
When I open Digikam on my laptop (telling that all the pictures and the
databases are on the removable hard disk) all the albumes come back with the
dates they had before I changed them (they are still correct on the computer
from which I copied). This make me believe that the albume dates are stored
somewhere else. Do anyone know to solve this.
Thank you, Svein