[Digikam-users] timeline vs tags

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Tue Sep 22 18:21:48 BST 2015

Hi all,
I ask here for a suggestion: I tend to apply to my pictures also a
"year" ag, so that at least I know which yer photos have been taken.
Why not using the timeline? Well, being the son of a professional
photographer I have a quite large archive, that is composed of digital
and re-digitalized (scanned) images. The latter do not have a good
timeline, of course, so I choose this strategy to apply the year tag,
and therefore to keep the collection coherent I applied also to
digital images.
But now that the images are almost always digitally-native, it is
becoming a little annoying.
Do you have a better strategy to face the problem? Or a way to
auto-apply a yeartag based on the timeline?

Thanks,
Luca