[Digikam-users] 4.13 compilation error

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 21:01:35 BST 2015

I tried to install digikam 4.13 on debian testing via the tarball today
and after a successful run of the bootstrap script make fails with the
following error:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target '/usr/lib/libsoprano.so', needed by
'lib/libkipi.so.11.1.0'. Stop.
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1961: recipe for target
'extra/libkipi/libkipi/CMakeFiles/kipi.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [extra/libkipi/libkipi/CMakeFiles/kipi.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Until now compilation errors usually were unresolved dependencies with
clear error messages, in this case I am unable to determine the reason
and would appreciate any hints in the right direction.