[Digikam-users] Face tags - issues and questions

Hans-Christoph Paul hcp at hcpi.dk
Mon Sep 14 07:14:29 BST 2015

Thanks for a great program.
I organize some pictures - around 600 right now.

A) Is there a significant difference between OpenSuse and Ubuntu in using Digikam?
On OpenSuse I work with about 36.600 pictures without bigger problems.
On Ubuntu I have problems with 600 pictures.

B) Ubuntu: After some changes in Tagging faces, the program starts "applying changes" and can run hours for that - if it's not crashes. Is that an Exiv2 related problem? Can I use the latest version 0.25 or shall I stick to an older version?

C) I have chosen to save the face tags to file. How can this tags be made visible in other picture viewer or graphical programs?

Best regards
Hans-Christoph Paul