[Digikam-users] Digikam Crash when changing metadata (rotating, assigning flags or keywords)

styx at ewetel.net styx at ewetel.net
Thu Sep 10 10:09:47 BST 2015

Hello again!

I’m replying to my own post, because I further downtraced my problem,
which is becoming increasingly strange (to me at least), yet my new
observations might shade some light on it:

I have to correct my previous thought about the crash/non-crash issue
due to internal harddisk/external usb harddisk: It seems that this is
not the issue – I only thought so, because it overlapped (to huge
extent) with another attribute, which is the camera model used to take
the picture. A large portion of my pictures is shot with a Casio
EX-Z80, which causes crashes. I then went through my collection to
find pictures sent by friends, who used different cameras, to find out
which pictures cause crashes and which do not. (I always tested
rotating a picture) Here’s a list:

Pictures of these cameras cause crashes:

Casio EX-Z80
Casio EX-Z21
Casio EX-Z1
Casio EX-Z550

Pictures of these cameras are fine:

Sony DSC-RX100
Canon EOS 600D
Canon EOS 400D
Canon EOS 6D
Canon Powershot A480
Canon Digital IXUS 950 IS
Nikon D90
Nikon Coolpix S3100
Nikon Coolpix S220
Olympus C300Z
Olympus E-400
Panasonic DMC-FS3
Panasonic DMC-TZ41
Rollei Powerflex 210 HD
Apple iPhone 4
Apple iPhone 5
Samsung L730
HTC One Mini

I have no idea, what the issue is, but it also seems that the
information in the "Orientation Tag" does not really work for the
EX-Z80, because it always shows 'top left', even for pictures that
were obviously taken upright. And it’s also striking, that this
obviously affects only the Casio models. (I tried to find other Casio
models in my collection, but couldn’t find any.)

Does this information help?

Many thanks!

Zitat von tobias.luebben at ewetel.net: