[Digikam-users] Is there a way to adjust dates of files using names of files?

Jean-Martial NDOUTOUME NFENGONE - VERSATIL DEVICES jean-martial at versatil.fr
Tue Sep 8 03:37:43 BST 2015

Hello,

My Android phone records videos and photos with file names format like, respectively, VID_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.mp4 and IMG_YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS.jpg.

Sometimes I need to retrieve photos' original files dates from EXIF (then I use the digiKam "Adjust Time & Date" image function).

But, unlike photos, videos don't have encapsulated metadata, and I only can retrieve videos original files dates from videos file names!

So, with digiKam, is there a way to adjust dates of files using names of files?

Jean-Martial