[Digikam-users] Digikam Crash when changing metadata (rotating, assigning flags or keywords)

styx at ewetel.net styx at ewetel.net
Tue Sep 8 11:29:07 BST 2015

Hello!

I’m new to the list, so forgive me, if this is not the right place to
ask the question. ;-)

I’m on Kubuntu 14.04 (DigiKam 3.5) and I have a strange behavior: I
can’t do anything with the pictures, but watch them. Every time I try
to rotate a picture or assign a keyword or a flag, DigiKam immediately
crashes. I attached one of the KCrash reports, but KCrash says, that
the collected information is useless.

I had this PPA (https://launchpad.net/~philip5/+archive/ubuntu/extra)
added (DigiKam 4.12), but removed it again after experiencing the
problem with the crasing DigiKam. However, the crashes also occur in
the Ubuntu 14.04 repository version (v 3.5). Has anybody had or still
have the same problem? Could it be related to some packages that were
installed due to the newer version of DigiKam in the PPA and don’t
behave well with other packages in Ubuntu 14.04?

Some hint would be very appreciated. Thank you very much!

- styx