[Digikam-users] Workflow when selecting images across albu7ms

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:26:23 BST 2015

You can use color tags, to save temporary selections, and you're not
obliged to save them in pictures with the other tags.

To use pictures in other applications, in the past, I used the remote
export function in order to create external albums.
Recently, I tried another solution: I used an album inside Digikam, and a
folder with a symbolic link to the album in Digikam in the other
application. For creating photos books with Scribus, I update the pictures
in the Digikam album (I usually begin with low definition pictures, so they
are not too heavy in Scribus) till I get to the final sizes/versions; then
I use the Scribus function 'regroup for output' in order to make a copy of
everything into a Scribus folder. I can then delete the album in Digikam,
as I won't need it any longer.

Hope this helps,
Marie-Noëlle

> Hi,
>
> i need your advice. I frequently select images which are spread across
> several albums. I would like to have a possibility to save this selection
> so i can eventually pause the selection process and resume another day or
> to be able to check and change something. As an example, lets say i look
> for images with trees for a later export to a web album or photo book.
>
> For now, i create a tag, e.g. book/trees. This approach works fine, but
> each tag changes the db and also the image, so unnecessary backups are
> triggered. Not a huge problem, but is there a more elegant way to do this,
> maybe without touching the image?
>
> And then once the selection is fine, how do you export them to another
> application? In the ideal case we could create a 'pseudo' album just
> containing links and use that as an input for e.g. a photo book SW. But
> currently this is not possible.
>
> HP, happy digikam user since years
>
> --
> Meine Bilder: http://jalbum.net/a/1456383