[Digikam-users] Album (collection?) in external drive

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 21:03:06 BST 2015

I have used Preferences/Collections/Collections on Removable media/Add
Collection
to add a folder FOTOS within a usb external drive (/Volumes/LaCie/FOTOS)
Surprisingly, FOTOS gets listed under Local collections. Why? It is an
external drive and I used Removable media/Add Collection. Does the
fact of FOTOS being listed under "Local collections" and not under
"Removable media"  have any practical consequences?

After closing and restarting digikam with the external drive connected
I get FOTOS listed
under tab Albums. Was it not a Collection? I used Add Collection.

If I restart digikam with the external drive not connected, FOTOS is
not listed under Albums albeit it is listed under Local collections.
Am I not supposed to be able of checking the database, which is on the
hard drive, even if the external drive is not mounted?

Was FOTOS removed from the database because the disk was not mounted
when I started digikam?

Thanks for your clarifications and/or for pointing me to the appropriate doc.

Agus