[Digikam-users] kubuntu wily - digikam refuses to start

Mark Fraser mfraz74+kde at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:53:16 GMT 2015

On 27 Oct 2015 10:29, "Luca Ferrari" <fluca1978 at infinito.it> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Gilles Caulier
> <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is a binary compatibility issue with libkface. It's typically a
> > packages problem. Try to update libkface...
>
> That's another problem: I've no upgrades available.
> I've tried to remove digikam and libkface and reinstall them, but the
> same error occurs.
>
> Luca

Try installing apt-show-versions and then doing
apt-show-versions | grep newer and
apt-show-versions | grep available

Any packages that show up are either from PPAs that are no longer used or
packages that aren't in the repositories any more.

If you do apt-cache policy <package_name> on any packages that are shown as
being newer, you can install the right one by using apt-get install
<package_name>=<version>.