[Digikam-users] preview not available

goeiespullen goeiespullen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:28:40 BST 2015

Hi I run Digikam version 4.13.0 on Ubuntu 14.04lts. The preview button
is not available after opening an device.

When I open a device, it does not matter if it is my android phone or
Nikon d200 SD, the preview button stays unavailable. I do see all
thumbnails and I can download the images but I don't get the preview
button available.

I first install the default Digikam version by doing
#sudo apt-get install digikam

But when using the preview button ( it was available) this caused an
error saying that the image could not be loaded or found. I found a
thread that advised me to upgrade the digikam version to 4.13
'http://tipsonubuntu.com/2015/09/08/digikam-4-13-0-released-upgrade/'

So I did but now the preview button is not available anymore ...

What I would like to do is to make a picture and directly see the result
on the screen. Can someone help me out here.

Cheers,
Maarten