[Digikam-users] 5. Re: Question to users of my PPA for Ubuntu with Digikam packages about upcoming Digikam 5 beta

Everard Edwards holcus at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 02:33:21 BST 2015

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2015 19:55:35 +0200
> From: Philip Johnsson <philip.johnsson at gmail.com>
> To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the
>         power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org>
> Subject: [Digikam-users] Question to users of my PPA for Ubuntu with
>         Digikam packages about upcoming Digikam 5 beta
>
> Hi there users!
>
> I have a question about how you guys that use my PPA with Digikam packages
> for Ubuntu want to deal with the upcoming release of Digikam 5 beta. Do you
> want me to just override the Digikam 4 (stable release) with beta, RC and
> final releases rolleing releases of Digikam 5 or do you guys want a
> separate PPA just for the beta och RC Digikam release and then release
> Digikam 5 in the "extra" PPA when it's final?
>
> I haven't played around building Digikam 5 that much yet but I don't think
> I will provide so both Digikam 4 and Digikam 5 will be installed separately
> on the same system. Not sure how interchangeable the database is back and
> forth between the releases anyway. I think that will mean that if you
> choose to try digikam 5 beta it will uninstall the digikam 4 packages.
>
> Any thoughts from you guys how you want it?
>
> Regards,
>
> Philip

My vote is for a separate PPA until Digikam 5 is final (just in case...),
then overwrite the current PPA.

However, I appreciate you investing your time in doing this, so if that is
a pain, so long as we know you are overwriting Digikam 4, we can just hold
of on updates until final is out.

Thanks,

Everard