[Digikam-users] Question to users of my PPA for Ubuntu with Digikam packages about upcoming Digikam 5 beta

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:55:35 BST 2015

Hi there users!

I have a question about how you guys that use my PPA with Digikam packages
for Ubuntu want to deal with the upcoming release of Digikam 5 beta. Do you
want me to just override the Digikam 4 (stable release) with beta, RC and
final releases rolleing releases of Digikam 5 or do you guys want a
separate PPA just for the beta och RC Digikam release and then release
Digikam 5 in the "extra" PPA when it's final?

I haven't played around building Digikam 5 that much yet but I don't think
I will provide so both Digikam 4 and Digikam 5 will be installed separately
on the same system. Not sure how interchangeable the database is back and
forth between the releases anyway. I think that will mean that if you
choose to try digikam 5 beta it will uninstall the digikam 4 packages.

Any thoughts from you guys how you want it?

Regards,

Philip