[Digikam-users] exiv2

Andreas T. Ege andreas at spheniscid.net
Fri Oct 16 00:58:49 BST 2015

Hi there,

it's not directly a digikam problem (or at least, not just), but maybe
somebody has a tip.

I have 1 picture that keeps loosing it's metadata every time I try to
manipulate it. I try to change the date stamp, import an exif file or
try to manually manipulate single exif entries in digikam, all the
metadata get's wiped.
Exiftool still finds them, exiv2 doesn't, geeqie & gwenview don't see
any metadata. Writing the data back into the image via anything doesn't
work. So far it seems it's only this one image. I even re-run ufraw on
it to generate a new png, no dice. The other 72 images I've worked on
work fine, I just played around with copies of 4 of them, all changes to
and imports of metadata work without problems.

Any suggestions?

--
Andreas Ege

		24 The Birches