[Digikam-users] compilation error: libmarblewidget

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 06:01:03 BST 2015

As i seen, marble Qt( and marble Qt4 use the same cmake rules for detection
purposes. Typically, marble Qt5 is not yet fully ported as a KF5 components
(in cmake viewpoint) to be distinguished of qt4 version properly.

My solution here : be sure of marble Qt version you use to compile digiKam.
If i want to compile digiKam 5, i need Qt 5 version. So i checkout all code
from marble Qt5, compile and install it. I take a care to not mix Qt4
version, else it's a big mess. The same rules must be respected to compile
digiKam 4 with marble Qt4.

Note : marble Qt5 will be released as a pure KF5 component soon. digiKam 5
beta 1 is planed to one week, if all is ready. Be patient...