[Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at pharma-traduction.ch
Thu Nov 12 10:26:00 GMT 2015

Hi Gilles,

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Gilles Caulier
<caulier.gilles at gmail.com> wrote:
> At least, somebody can said me if an internal Mysql solution is suitable or
> not without to hack the DB installation outside digiKam.
>
> I read all bugzilla entries, and to setup Mysql, users need to grant
> privileges by hand before to configure digiKam with it.
>
> This is not possible to do the same with an internal server, since few years
> ago, Mysql switch DB engine to ImmoDB which require granted privilege to
> create DB indexes. And this is typically the problem that i can see when i
> want to create the MySql DB through the internal server.
>
> If i look how Amarok do with Mysql, internal server solution do not exist.
> Only a remote server is avaialble in setup.

That is not correct, Amarok uses MySQL embedded by default, setting up
an external MySQL server is just an additional option for people who
need to share a database across computers.

Unfortunately there is little more help I can offer :(

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org