[Digikam-users] Mysql/MariaDb database expert needs...

Henrique Santos Fernandes sf.rique at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:58:45 GMT 2015

Hello,

For the mysql itself there is no diference if it is internal or external.
Just use the network conection.

The permissions are the same for the user just need to grant all
privilegdes for the user.

Digikam could ask for two ways to begin, the first would be to already have
the user it needs to connect to the database. The second it could ask for
database admin user, in this case, digikam would create its users as it
needs. It makes the installating easier for the user, and also more secure
for the user digikam, so it will only have the permission it needs.

But i mean, i guess this is the easier part.. the hard part woould be the
actual use of mysql for storing stuff right?
I wish i knew mysql well enouh to help..

I prefere mysql cause it would be possible/easier to use digikam on
multiple computers with the same database!

Hope this goes forward!