[Digikam-users] Pictures not showing up

Andreas Heinlein aheinlein at gmx.com
Mon Nov 2 08:30:16 GMT 2015

Hello,

I have the problem that some particular pictures refuse to show up in
digikam. They all come from one specific person resp. his camera. They
look like ordinary JPEGs, they open just fine in the GNOME picture
viewer as well as in GIMP. I have re-scanned several times as well as
doing a database maintenance, nothing helped.

If I re-export them from GIMP as JPEG, they also show up in digikam.
This is, however, no general solution for me, as this means loss of
quality and I expect to receive such pictures regularly in the future.

I can provide one of the files in question, if someone can tell me where
to put it.

I am using digikam 4.11 on Ubuntu 12.04. As it was quite a hassle to get
this to build, I'd rather not try the latest 4.x unless someone tells me
this will likely help. Sorry about that, I'd really to wait with
rebuildung until 5.x is ready instead.

Thanks,
Andreas