[Digikam-users] Digikam & video playback on OS X: solution

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon May 18 16:23:44 BST 2015

> >> Am 16.05.2015 um 10:48 schrieb Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com
> >:

> with Digikam going on OS X. I have been playing with it for a couple months
> and this was one of the loose ends I needed to tie up.

> myself:
> „gstreamer1-gst-plugins-good“ Macports packages in addition to what the
> macports-install script in Digikam’s Git repository already installs. :-)

> to Digikam’s Portfile.
> >>
> >> Well, it's simple. Open a file in Macports bugzilla about to add the
> dependencies.
> >
> > Done. https://trac.macports.org/ticket/47749
> >
> >> I can add this dependencies into my macports scripts that i currently
> re-write in the way to make a bundle PKG. Please look here :
> >>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/README.MACOSX
> >>
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/show/project/macosx
> >
> > Thanks! Will have a look.
> > I plan on using the PKG as a ’stable version’ of Digikam for daily use
> and probably a Macports compilation for experiments - possibly under a
> different user account, we’ll see. Or not at all, who knows. :)

> roughly 45’000 photos and 8000 video clips … ;)
> >> Another VERY important tips :
> >>
> >> - Under OS X, open file limit is drop to 256, which is an horse
> compared to Linux (typically 65536). If you start digiKam to scan a huge
> collection, you will overload quickly this limit, and digiKAm will be
> unstable or crash. To fix this problem, all is explained here:
> http://docs.basho.com/riak/latest/ops/tuning/open-files-limit/
> >
> > OK.
> >
> >> - Under OS X, all KDE widget style are worse, excepted QtCurve which
> work like a charm. You must switch immediately to this king of style
> (Setup/Miscs digiKam config dialog), else GUI is unsuitable : Huge buttons,
> Fonts size not respected, worng color in GUI, etc.
> >
> > I did not have this problem when I compiled 4.10 from scratch. However,
> I had redraw problems that did not go away.
> > However, they did go away when I started digikam using
> "—graphicssystem=native“.

Jens,

How to had this option to oasscript when a KDE application is started. PKG
osascript build with bundle are computed in this loop :

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam-software-compilation/repository/revisions/master/entry/project/macosx/bundle/make-package.sh#L175

Gilles