[Digikam-users] DigiKam and ACDSee

Francis Corvin francis_ at gmx.net
Sun Mar 8 21:14:02 GMT 2015

ACDSee keeps metadata in its proprietary database by default. However,
it has a command to embed them in picture files. So overall this should
be doable.

The only issue is whether some tags are used for the same purpose in
DigiKam and ACDSee. In particular, ACDSee uses hierarchical
categories---one of the most interesting features about ACDSee. Since no
metadata model allows for this as standard, they use a fudge that I
would not expect any other software to read. On a large collection, that
would be a tedious manual process, unless you were good at scripting a
text parser.

Best regards,

Francis