[Digikam-users] Question to users of my PPA with Digikam for Ubuntu.

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:27:07 BST 2015

Hi everyone

I have question for users of my PPA with Digikam packages for Ubuntu (I
have about 2000 users that download my Digikam packages for the moment).
Would you like the PPA to stay as pure with the official Ubuntu packages
for each Ubuntu release as possible and mostly update Digikam packages. For
stability, security or any other reason or do you want as updated
dependency packages as possible?

How I have been doing it is mostly update dependency packages if Digikam
demands them to be updated to build but not for functionality. When I
update packages I usually update with upstream stable releases but don't
have time to follow each package with bug, security or other patches
between releases if it's not obvious or pointed out to me.

Most current example is if you guys want updated versions to latest upstram
of exiv2, libraw and/or lensfuns for trusty, utopic and vivid? I use the
updated versions on my own system that is still Kubuntu 14.10.

Regards,

Philip