[Digikam-users] Can one export directories/folders?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:33:22 BST 2015

> Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [-- multipart/alternative, encoding 7bit, 102 lines --]
> >
> >     [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: UTF-8, 45 lines
> --]

> > > I was hoping to be able to select a folder (or even better a
> > > hieararchy of folders) in the 'My Albums' area and export it but this
> > > doesn't seem to work.
> > >
> > > Am I missing something or is it not possible to export a folder?
> > >

> > You can export any selection using Exportation -> Exporter vers un
> > ordinateur distant (or the english equivalent), or shortkey Alt-Shift-K;
> > just enter a local folder as the destination.
> >
> Not quite what I'm after though.  It's trivial (and easier to be
> honest) to copy files from one computer to another using rsync or scp
> so the "Exporter vers un ordinateur distant" option doesn't do much
> for me.
>
> What I want[ed] was a way to export a chunk of my Digikam album to a
> place that would show them on the web in the same (or at least
> similar) arrangement.
>
> I have my albums organised by date, e.g. I have:-

>     pictures
>         1960s
>         1970s
>         1980s
>         1990s
>         2000s
>         2010s
>             2010
>             2011
>             2012
>             2013
>             2014
>             2015
>                 01
>                 02
>                 03
>                 04
>                 05
>                 06
>                     02
>                     03
>                     04
>                     05
>                     06
>                     07
>
> What I want to be able to do is export the whole of
> ~/pictures/2010s/2015/06 which happens to be all the pictures I took
> on one holiday.

I'm not sure I understand where your problem is. Selectionning pictures? Or
exporting a selection to the web? And how do you expect to organize / make
them browsable on the web? Any gallery software?

> > > Similarly is there no way to add pictures from more than one folder to
> > > the exports list?  I tried this too and each time I selected all
> > > pictures from a displayed folder it simply overwrote the previous list
> > > of images in the export window.
> > >

> > You can add any picture to a former selection, using Shift or Ctrl +
> Enter.
> > To make things easier, you can use color tags to temporarily group
> pictures
> > across several folders.
> >
> Hmm, OK, but that's only adding individual pictures to a previous
> selection.  How do I select one folder with (say) 20 images in it and
> then add another folder with (say) 30 images in it?

Select the whole first folder (for example, click on the album title bar
will do), then Ctrl-Alt + any number to affect a color.
Then select the next folder, and affect the same color tag.
When you're done, use the right column filter to select all the pictures
having the same color tag.

Marie-Noëlle

--
[image: Agir pour le futur] <http://agirpourlefutur.com>    [image: Vallée