[Digikam-users] Transfering Digikam to a new computer

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Tue Jun 2 21:52:31 BST 2015

Hi Juanita,

I don't use the grouping function, so I don't have any
experience in this topic. Sorry.

But another idea:
Have you tried to copy the digikam database file to your new
computer as well? On linux it is a single SQLite Database
file called "digikam4.db", stored in the users home
directory by default. I don't know the path for windows
installations, but you can look this up in "Settings" ->
"Database" -> "Database File Path".

For most safety: In this case, I would place the images in
the same path as on your old computer, so it is easier for
digikam to find those images, again.
If I remember correctly, digikam detects images with a
checksum, too. But I am not sure if this checksum algorithm
is constant when upgrading from 4.5 to 4.10, while also
changing the file paths. So better do not change the later
one. ;)

Regards,
	Peter