[Digikam-users] video meta data

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 07:06:05 BST 2015

digiKam use Exiv2 to write metadata.

Since 0.24, video support have been introduced in read/write as
experimental, but very bugous...

Last 0.25 fix some important problem as serious crashes about video data
reading. Considerate to use this release in priority with digiKam,
especially with video files. This want mean that DB registration about
video files will work as for photo.

About Video write support it's not wrapped in an optional compilation
option while all problem will be fixed.

All digiKam is already ready to manage video as photo since a while,
especially about DB and search tool. Exiv2 is late for that.

In all cases, as for RAW files, i recommend to use XMP sidecar with video
files. The metadata management from digiKam will be transparent for video
as photo.