[Digikam-users] Renaming files

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 9 15:24:40 BST 2015

On Thursday 09 July 2015 06:51:08 digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jul 2015 18:59:44 +0200
> Marie-Noëlle Augendre <mnaugendre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There is an advanced renaming tool in Digikam batch tool manager.
>
> Yes but how can I extract a substring of a filename in batch tool
> manager? I want/need the last 4 characters of the filename

If you look closely at the rename dialog in the album view (with several
files selected!) you see a button with a blue circle icon with an 'i' in
its center.

That button gives you an overview of what the rename dialog can do (hint:
Options [file] Modifiers {range:from,to})

You'll find the same options in the Batch Queue Manager as part of the
"Queue Settings" pane

Remco