[Digikam-users] TMPDIR issues

Gerhard Hoogterp gerhard at frappe.xs4all.nl
Sun Jan 25 13:41:36 GMT 2015

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 06:41:35 AM Rex Dieter wrote:
> Gilles Caulier wrote:
> > No. We use KDE APi to manage temporary files which wrap tmp location
> > to /tmp under Linux.
>
> OK, so back to the original post, try setting KDETMP ?

I ended up putting an export TMPDIR= in my personal .profile which solves my
issue for now.

But still, having a gigantic tmp partition for the occasional panorame of
video doesn't seems to be the way imho. Having a setting in "tmpdir hungry"
apps like gimp and photoshop  have seems a nicer solution.

Nevertheless, i'm good for now..

Thanks,
 Gerhard