[Digikam-users] Feature request: check for duplicates before import

Florian Hennig flo.hennig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 14:13:24 GMT 2015

Hey guys!

I have a lot of pictures on different devices and I'm trying to sort and
manage them with digikam. Some of them are restored from a crashed
harddisk and thats why rhere are a lot duplicates of some pictures
spread on the several devices.
So I want to ask if it would be possible to add a feature in digikam
which checks if the images are duplicates directly in the importmodule
and makes it able to select non duplicates only.

I know somewhat C++ and Qt and I would be glad if I could help
implementing such a feature but I think I need some advices to get into
the digikam source.

Greetings from germany,

Flo