[Digikam-users] Importing XMP sidecar files automatically

Kerry Kirk my1kwords at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 21:13:52 GMT 2015

If this has been asked before I apologize.  I wasn't able to find a way to
search the email archives.

I am using DK 4.13.3 on Ubuntu 14.04.  I have a group of photos with XMP
sidecar files created in another program (Corel Aftershot Pro 2).  These
exist in the same directory as the photos (file.jpg) and are name
(file.xmp).  I am able to highlight a single photo in DK and import the
.xmp file by the route  Image > Metadata > Import XMP and chosing the .xmp
file for that image. The import works as expected and all of the keyword
data that was contained in the xmp file shows up in the tags for that
image.  When I try to highlight multiple images and do the same thing I am
still instructed to choose a single .xmp file.   I have checked the
documentation and Googled and still cannot find out how to get DG to read
all of the .xmp files in the folder for the existing images.  My settings
are set to read sidecar file.  What am I missing?