[Digikam-users] digiKam photo collection on Synology NAS

Jan Wolter jan.wolter at uni-paderborn.de
Fri Jan 9 18:47:01 GMT 2015

Hello,

in the next future, I plan to buy a Synology NAS. I would like to know,
if it's possible to move my photo collection to the NAS and organize it
with digiKam? Does the following scenario work?

1. I still want to use SQLite and don't want to switch to MySQL, since
it seems to be unstable with digiKam.
2. Mount the NAS via NSF on my Linux Mint and get a fix mount point.
3. Move the photo collection to the NAS.
4. I guess the SQLite data base files must remain on my local computer.
Is it correct? That's not an issue, because I don't want to use multiple
computers to organize my photos with digiKam.

Would be nice to hear if that scenario is possible. Does anyone use
digiKam with photos on NAS?

Best regards,
Jan