[Digikam-users] Slideshow with captions and videos?

Tim Edwards liststuff at fastmail.com.au
Wed Jan 7 01:58:00 GMT 2015

I was wondering if there's anyway with Digikam (or any other program on
Linux) to show a slideshow of a directory/album of photos where the
slideshow shows the photos with their EXIF captions and plays video
files found in the directory?

Currently Digikam's slideshow feature shows photos with their captions
but doesn't play videos, although in normal 'preview image' mode it's
happy to play the videos. I've found that browsing through a directory
of photos using gThumb in fullscreen mode will show photos and play
videos, but not display the captions with the photos.

Thanks

Tim