[Digikam-users] Find geotagged images by country or city?

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Fri Aug 28 22:15:06 BST 2015

Hi,

assume I have a wealth of images organized in Digikam, all of which have
GPS tags set.
Now I want to find all images within a specific city or country.

Or better yet, browse images in a hierarchical tree very similar to the
tags, but using country / region / city / postcode / street.

Can digikam do this? I realize this would require a geolocating service
(possibly online, OSM?) and storing this info for every picture (since
requesting it again would be far too slow for search).

If not, can it be implemented?

Thank you!

Regards
Jens