[Digikam-users] Import from iPhoto 9.5, XMP sidecar format

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Sun Aug 23 14:32:19 BST 2015

Hello,

thank you! I browsed through the documentation but the number of
specific examples is very low (i.e. zero).
Is there an example XMP sidecar file that

- Digikam can fully import,
- contains image versions, caption, description/comment, ratings,
"hidden" and "flagged" attributes, faces (rectangles, IDs and names),
GPS location data + names and so on?

Is there any property that Digikam supports which can NOT be imported
using sidecar files?

Thanks!

Jens Benecke