[Digikam-users] Remove all tags from entire library

Darryl Penny darryl.penny at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:21:28 BST 2015

Hello to the list,

I am using Version 4.12.0 on Windows 7.

I want to remove all tags from all 15 000 or so pictures in my library.
Some are saved in files and others are in the SQLite database. I've
searched the mailing list, but not found an answer this question, and
anyway the software is evolving too fast for old methods to be valid.
Over the years I've used various management software to write metadata and
now my tag list is quite a mess and I can't stand it!

I would rather scrap all tags and slowly start over - I know, tedious work
but worth it, for me, anyway.
Is it possible to do this withing digiKam v12?

Best Regards,
Darryl