[Digikam-users] Auto-rotation, or not?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Tue Aug 4 14:50:58 BST 2015

Peter Albrecht <peter at crazymonkeys.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> same problem here with digiKam 4.4.0 (debian jessie). Including the issue with
> manual rotation.
>
> As a workaround:
> I disabled auto-rotation at import. After importing all photos, I select every
> photo in the current album (CTRL + A) and click in the main menu: "Image -> Auto
> Rotate/Flip Using Exif Information"
> This works correctly for me.

But if I import several hundred images I don't want to have to go
through them all manually checking them, that's what computers are
for!

After some hassle I've added the required rotation to my Python import
program so that everything is correctly orientated (automatically)
before it gets to Digikam.

--
Chris Green
ยท