[Digikam-users] DK hangs with collection on 2nd hard disc

jon piesing jon33040 at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 2 11:09:48 BST 2015

Hi,
Some time recently, DK has started hanging with a collection on the 2nd hard disc of my desktop pc.
If I add a collection on the first hard disc and then attempt to add the one on the second hard disc then the scanning process just stalls with "Find new items" stuck on 0%.
If I add the collection on the second disc as the first collection then it just hangs with the banner showing and nothing happening. The last command line output is "digikam(25964)/digikam (core) Digikam::NewItemsFinder::slotStart: scan mode: CompleteCollectionScan".

Removing and re-installing DK makes no difference.Removing DK, clearing out the *.db files and .kde/share/apps/digikam makes no difference.Reverting from 4.12.0 to 3.5.0 makes no difference.
There's nothing strange about the second hard disc. The first one is encrypted but the second one isn't.
There's no suspicious error messages printed when I run DK from the command line.
Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Thanks
JP