[Digikam-users] Auto-rotation, or not?

cl at isbd.net cl at isbd.net
Sat Aug 1 19:04:46 BST 2015

I have a Panasonic Lumix TZ60 camera, currently mostly still at the
default settings.

Pictures taken in portrait mode don't get auto-rotated when imported
into Digikam. In addition there's an even messier/worse problem, when
I rotate anti-clockwise to correct them they get rotated by 180
degrees instead of 90 degrees and I then have to rotate them back
again to get the correct orientation.

Is there a way to configure things so it all works correctly?  I want
the pictures to be correctly orientated when stored by Digikam so that
when exported to other places they will be correct.

I can manipulate things at import time because I do it using a Python
script I wrote myself.

--
Chris Green
ยท