[Digikam-users] Renaming the folders/images when creating Albums

Piotr piotrlg at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 19:07:22 BST 2015

Hi

This is the workflow which I can't do in digikam (4.8).
I have a NAS with pictures organized in such a structure (thanks to
FastStone - Windows powerful image browser - download from USB card options
with renaming almost like digikam) :
foto/2014/2014-01-28/2014-01-28_06.57.10.jpg
and so on and I want this location on NAS to be the location of the album.

But there are some exceptions: the files and folders which were not
processed by FastStone and have just simple cryptic folder/filenames, for
example 123/pic03456.jpg. What I want to do is to process them (rename). The
problem is that renaming works only when importing new photos and this is
not the case here. They are already the part of the album.

So how to rename the unprocessed folders with digikam? Hm, move them outside
of the album tree and import? Hm....

Regards
P.